2015 Stone Product Industry Report Released
Press ReleaseSAN DIEGO (January 28, 2015) - Catalina Research and Ceramic Tile And Stone Consultants, Inc. (CTaSC), a national company providing marketing research and business planning services, announced today the release of their 2015 Catalina Report on Natural, Quartz, and Manufactured Stone and the 2016 Catalina Mortar, Grout & Cement Mixes FIRST LOOK Quarterly Report.
The 2015 Catalina Report on Natural, Quartz, and Manufactured Stone report is an in-depth industry investigation of the $10.0 billion U.S. natural, quartz, and manufactured stone product industry. The U.S. stone product market has been recovering at double-digit rates since 2011.
The recovery is being led by the recovery in new home construction. The residential remodeling market is also benefiting from the increase in existing home sales, the rise in home prices, and improved homeowner finances. The increase in existing home sales stimulates homeowner remodeling projects and the rise in home prices is an incentive for non-movers to invest in their homes and upgrade to stone countertops and flooring.
As the residential market grows in importance, stone product suppliers have increased their reliance on the home center channel. Currently, the important non-residential market is strengthening as the U.S. recovery enters its seventh year.
The Natural, Quartz, and Manufactured Stone report includes the following important sections that will allow industry companies to analyze the various segments, channels, and trends of the stone industry:
• Stone Industry Trends - Industry trends have been uncovered in the 238-page report on the U.S. and Canadian stone industries. Report sections cover all aspects of this industry including mines and quarries, stone product processors and fabricators, manufactured stone producers, importers, end-use markets, and installers. In the Executive Summary section, Catalina conducts a growth analysis of the U.S. supply of granite, marble and travertine, limestone, and other stone, as well as the sourcing country of origin. Catalina also provides data on rough stone and stone product price trends.
• Stone Industry Shipments and Imports - This in-depth analysis has separate sections on U.S. shipments and imports of rough dimension stone, dressed or worked dimension stone, and manufactured stone (precast concrete). Each section provides dollar and quantity shipments by type of stone and type of use. In addition, import data is segmented by major country of origin.
• End-Use Markets and Factors Driving Demand - U.S. stone product industry market sales are segmented by end-use market and type of installation. End-use market sales are provided for new and remodeling residential and nonresidential markets. Sales are also broken out for stone countertops, flooring, other building products, and monuments.
An analysis of factors driving demand is provided as well. Data trends include spending on new residential and nonresidential building construction, total housing demand, housing starts and permits, average price and size of new homes, number of bathrooms per completed housing unit, homeowner remodeling spending, mortgage interest rates, and other economic and demographic trends.
Home centers and other distribution channel sales of flooring and countertops are analyzed as well. Export shipments are provided by product and by major country of destination. Catalina has provided data on the Canadian market in a separate section.
• Industry Cost Structure and Profitability - Catalina analyzed the cost structure and profitability of U.S. stone quarries, processors/fabricators, and manufactured stone producers. This analysis covers material inputs, the labor situation, and facility capital expenditures. Shipments of stone and related product working machinery are provided for U.S. and foreign-based manufacturers.
• Competitive environment - Catalina evaluated the competitive environment covering the position of the over 2,100 U.S. stone product processors/fabricators, quarries, manufactured stone producers, as well as foreign-based suppliers.
Catalina also profiled leading U.S. suppliers. In addition, Ceramic Tile And Stone Consultants surveyed the leading fabricators and largest importers to develop a snapshot of the top competitor characteristics, determine the products they imported, and review the customers and end-use markets they target.
The 2015 Natural, Quartz, and Manufactured Stone analysis will assist industry companies to take advantage of the opportunities in 2016 and beyond. This is the sixth version of the Catalina Stone Report (the first was in 2003).
Donato Pompo, president of CTaSC, underscored the importance of the information gathered from the stone industry by stating, “In-depth information about the stone industry is very hard to come by.” He added, “It’s vital for all of us to know what’s going on in the market and understand how the current state of the economy will affect our business and our future opportunities.”
For copies of the 2015 Stone Report table of contents, brochure and pricing click: 2015 Stone Report
For details on the contents of the 2016 Catalina Mortar, Grout & Cement Mixes FIRST LOOK Quarterly report click: 2016 Mortar, Grout & Cement Mixes
For more information and pricing on the 2015 Natural, Quartz, and Manufactured Stone Product Report and the 2016 Catalina Mortar, Grout & Cement Mixes FIRST LOOK Quarterly Report contact CTaSC at 866-669-1550 or visit the CTaSC website at www.CTaSC.com.
# # #
Ceramic Tile and Stone Consultants, Inc.
Email: [email protected]