The GCC ceramic tiles market size is expected to reach USD 16.82 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 8.4% during the forecast period. Rising investment in construction projects by the governments of Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Qatar to boost economic growth in their respective countries is expected to drive the construction industry, thereby, augmenting the demand in the market over the forecast period.
The ceramic tiles manufacturing process has evolved significantly over the past years. The requirement for high-quality materials with good efficiency levels has developed new firing and pressing technologies. Manufacturers have been trying to create technologies for simple, flexible, and low-cost production of ceramic tiles. Environmental pollution and waste disposal have always been a major concern for manufacturers. They are now focusing on reducing CO2 emissions and water consumption through improved processing options while manufacturing ceramic tiles.
Wet clays, feldspar, alumina, silica, and sand are some of the most commonly used raw materials during the manufacturing process of ceramic tiles. Key raw material suppliers include Saudi Ceramics, United Mining InvestmentsCo., Carrefour, and Saudi Dolomites. Growing demand for ceramics in automotive and electronics applications is expected to be a key concern for market players. The robust manufacturing base of ceramics in China, India, and Indonesia is expected to promote investments by market players.
The market is expected to witness growth over the forecast period owing to the rapid growth of the construction industry, which can be attributed to the high investments by various governments in companies for developing new residential & commercial complexes and infrastructural projects. In addition, increased emphasis by the governments on the construction of new hospitals, educational institutions, and leisure projects is expected to create growth opportunities in the ceramic tiles market.
The market could be more organized to a greater extent as numerous domestic players are operating across GCC. Many small-scale players manufacture and distribute products and cater to wall and flooring applications. These players prefer the supply of ceramic tiles directly to the end market by avoiding the distribution channel, thus negatively affecting the value chain.
GCC Ceramic Tiles Market Report Highlights
- Porcelain tiles led the market, accounting for approximately 60.0% of total revenue share in 2022. Porcelain is more rigid and denser than its counterparts and offers better scratch-resistant properties than glazed ceramic tiles. However, the cost of porcelain tiles is higher than other ceramic tiles as they can absorb high moisture and are more hard-wearing
- The floor tiles application segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of about 71.7% in 2022. The production of floor tiles using micro-crystal technology has several advantages, such as lower production cost, excellent aesthetic appeal, corrosion & chemical resistance, acid resistance, and glossy surface
- Due to increased demand for highly durable and cost-effective ceramic tile-based floorings in high-footfall commercial and industrial sectors, the commercial end-use segment led the market. It accounted for the most significant revenue share of approximately 71.0% in 2022. Ceramic tiles offer excellent durability, affordability, and style. They are suitable for classrooms, computer rooms, corridors, cafeterias, laboratories, hallways, entrance areas, and stairwells of schools, colleges, universities, and professional institutes
- The rapidly growing population drives the rising construction industry in the country. As per the data published by Worldometer, the population of Saudi Arabia was around 36.9 million in 2023, an increase of about 1.48% compared to 2022. Increasing investment by the government to improve railways and road infrastructure is expected to boost further the growth of the ceramic tiles market in the country over the forecast period
- Prominent players in the market comprise RAK Ceramics, Saudi Ceramics, Al Anwar Ceramic Tiles Co. SAOG, Al Jawdah, and Al Khaleej Ceramics. RAK Ceramics holds a significant market share. The company offers advanced ceramic tiles manufactured with digital printing technology and in various dimensions. Moreover, a dedicated supply channel associated with the company has increased penetration in the GCC region